Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Newbie Blog Hop: Better Late Than Never?

Just found a new blog, Grade Three is the Place for Me and realized that she had hosted a Newbie Blog Hop last week. I figured I'd join up now, even if I'm a little late to the game. Hey, I've never been known for being on time...drives some people I know crazy...

Here are my answers to her questions!

1.  what state you are in
2.  your current teaching position
3.  your teaching experience
4.  when you started blogging
5.  share a blogging tip / blogging resource

1. I am in Ohio. (Go Bucks!) Born and raised, and returning to my wonderful hometown to begin Teaching Career, Part 2!

2. My current teaching position is a kindergarten extended day teaching position, combined with After Care Director for the Catholic grade school in which I'll be working. I'm finishing up my thesis this fall, so this should be a great balance of not-as-much-planning but still being in the classroom.

3. I taught preschool and kindergarten for two years in Massachusetts before moving back to Ohio last year to work on my Masters full time. I've also taught second, fourth, and sixth grades while student teaching in Tennessee and Reception/Year 1 combined age class in England (pre-K/kindergarten in America) as a study abroad opportunity.

4. I literally just started blogging a few weeks ago and have only published two posts...oops! I've followed teaching blogs for awhile now, and I love finding ideas and inspiration from those and Pinterest. I figured it was high time for me to join in the fun!

5. Um...I have no blogging tips?? I want to read all of your tips! Although, try as hard as you possibly can to use "to/two/too" and "your/you're" correctly....we're all teachers here, after all. :)

Looking forward to "meeting" some of you and getting ideas from so many other teachers!

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I teach in a Catholic School in Kentucky. I would suggest you get a followers gadget so others can follow your blog. I would!

    Heather
    I'd love for you to buzz by sometime=)
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been added! Thank you for your comment and your advice!

      Delete
    2. I'm your first follower!!! Good luck and I can't wait to share ideas.

      Heather
      The Busy Busy Hive

      Delete
  2. Hi. I found your blog on the Newbie Blog Hop! I nominated you for the Liebster award. Come on over to my blog to grab it!
    Christy
    kindersahoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. School will be here before we know it. I found you through another blog. Welcome to the blogging world. Come check us out for some freebies and ideas. Your newest follower, Stephanie
    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete