Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer! And a new job!

Yes, you read that right...I am on SUMMER VACATION! Lazy mornings, sunglasses, swimming pools, and lots of reading, here I come! (Ok, I actually start nannying next Thursday, but I have big plans until then...including a Boston road trip with one of my best friends!)

My summer vacation started last Friday at 11:00! We went to Mass, attended a bridging ceremony where all of the kids bridged up to the next grade, and had an ice cream party with all of the kindergartners. The PTO gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, since I won't be returning to that school next year. Which brings me to my next point...

While I am sad to leave the school I was at this year...I am SO excited to announce that I accepted a job teaching preschool at the school ACROSS THE STREET from my apartment!! Literally, a 2.5 minute walk from my front door to the school...sure beats the 30 minutes I was driving this year! The school is a mile from the grade school I attended, located in the same neighborhood, and was always our rival in sports, etc. Honestly, it feels like going home, and I LOVE that.

I am also so excited to get back into a preschool classroom. I will have two classes, a 4-5 year olds' class (Pre-K) and a 3-4 year olds' class (Preschool). I am basically serving as the director and the lead teacher, both roles that I love, as it gives me things to do outside of day-to-day teaching responsibilities, yet I still get to stay in a classroom (definitely not ready to leave yet!). It sounds like I will have a great deal of freedom with regard to curriculum choices, lesson planning, and special activities. I think it'll be a great year!! (And many more great years will follow, hopefully! I have never stayed in the same classroom more than one year, and I am really, really excited to settle in for awhile.)

If you're still finishing up school, YOU CAN DO IT! Here's to a relaxing, fun-filled, adventurous summer! We all deserve it.

1 comment: